If you have served federal active duty in the armed forces during any of the war eras listed below, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving you are eligible for membership in The American Legion. You do not have to have served any of that time overseas or in a combat area.
- April 6, 1917 to Nov. 11, 1918 (World War I)
- Dec. 7, 1941 to Dec. 31, 1946 (World War II)
- June 25, 1950 to Jan. 31, 1955 (Korean War)
- Feb. 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975 (Vietnam War)
- Aug. 24, 1982 to July 31, 1984 (Lebanon / Grenada)
- Dec. 20, 1989 to Jan. 31, 1990 (Panama)
- Aug. 2, 1990 to today (Gulf War / War On Terrorism)
Fill out an application to apply for membership to the American Legion.
To ask Post 405 a question, enter the form below: